As I have gotten older, I have realized that I would much rather buy skincare over makeup. When your base is clear, it eliminates a lot of the need for makeup, and allows you to radiate your natural beauty! I would describe my skin as 'normal' - meaning it isn't oily and it isn't dry. I tend to focus on hydrating products to keep my skin looking awake and glowy! I am certainly not a dermatologist, but these are the products I love and have helped me maintain a clear and glowy face. You can click the photos or underlined links to shop any product mentioned!
1. If I am wearing makeup (mascara specifically), this BLISS MAKEUP MELT is amazing for doing just that -- melting off your makeup. You apply it to dry skin and massage over your eyes, lips, and cheeks. This is great for insuring all my makeup will come off with my cleanser.
2. I have tried so many cleansers, and I always come back to the AMA CLEANSER by Sephora. This is a 'clean by Sephora' product which is amazing for the price. It always leaves my skin feeling cleaned and smooth! I linked the starter kit that is only $20 and comes with all full sized products!
3. I rave about this product a lot, but it truly deserves all the hype that it gets. The LUNA PLAY PLUS is the absolute best device for cleaning your face. I use this with any product that requires water in my skincare routine (cleanser, exfoliator, etc). It helps your skincare to get a layer deeper, so you will start to see heightened results in your skincare. It comes in multiple sizes, but the smaller ones allow me to get in all the crevices of my face and it's perfect for traveling!
4. I don't exfoliate my skin every day -- more like once, maybe twice a week -- but when I do, I love the ORIGINS GINZING CLEANSER. This is actually a cleanser, but I love that it is a bit more gentle on my skin than other exfoliators. The texture of this paired with the Luna Play gets rid of dead skin and cleanses beautifully!
5. After I feel my face is clean, I pat try with a wash cloth to absorb all extra moisture on my skin. I will then use THAYERS ASTRINGENT WITCH HAZEL with a cotton round and drag it all over my face. This helps pull any extra dirt out of my skin to prepare it for serums and moisturizers.
6. One product that I feel has truly changed my skin has been hyaluronic acid. I switch between 2 and think both get the job done! If my skin is feeling dry, I will use the hyaluronic acid cream cream that comes in the kit with the AMA cleanser. On an ordinary day, I use the HYALURONIC ACID from The Ordinary. I use a dropper full all over my face and neck and pat it in. Believe me when I say you will see a difference when you wake up the next morning!
7. As I said before, skincare has become one of my favorite things to try, but more specifically I am obsessed with trying new moisturizers! I have tried a TON, but truly haven't found one that I love more than ORIGINS GINZING MOISTURIZER. This is a gel based moisturizer, so it is light enough to wear either during the day or at night. It gives my skin a beautiful glow... I'm already on my third tub of this!
8. I've mentioned this before, but one of my biggest insecurities is my dark under eye circles. I have tried a few things to lighten them but have found that the SHISEIDO WHITE LUCENT eye cream has been the best thing to help! It is pricey, but I definitely think it is worth it if you're looking for something to lighten up your under eyes. The results happen gradually, so be sure to stay consistent!
9. I swear I have the most dry lips ever, but the LANEIGE LIP MASK completely changes that! It says it is a nighttime lip mask, but I apply this at night time and throughout the day as needed. It is incredibly moisturizing!
It is so important to take care of your skin and give it the love it deserves! It takes a lot of trial and error, but stay consistent and give it time to show you results!